Poetry/Spoken Word Teacher
Poet Life Academy is an exciting traveling academy serving school systems, organizations, churches and communities nationwide and beyond.
Our mission is to teach and encourage emotional-social development and academic excellence using poetry, literature, rhythm, and flow as gateways to higher achievement in school and in life.
Poet Life Academy is GROWING and HIRING! We are currently seeking an exceptional poet/spoken word artist with previous/current teaching experience K-12.This is a contract position not to exceed 12 weeks (2 classes per week).
Shift: Between the hours of 8am - 5pm
Compensation: $75 per class (45 mins - 1 hr)
- Lead students to high levels of success through our goals.
- Student Achievement
- Professional Development
- Creative Thinking
- Meeting Students Needs
- Family involvement/Engagement
- Cultivate a positive and inclusive classroom environment that will engage students in learning.
- Work collaboratively with other staff to plan curriculum.
- Reflect on classroom success and areas of improvement. Providing modifications when needed.
- Previous teaching experience required.
- Previous/current poetry teacher preferred.
- Reliable transportation
- Flexible schedule
- Demonstrated content knowledge (poetry)
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
Please send your resume AND cover letter (a brief description of your poetry experience and your reason for wanting to teach poetry) to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line should be “Poet Life Academy Teacher”. Please feel free to include a link(s) of your poetic performance and/or your website.
For more information on Poet Life Academy, please visit thepoetlife.com/pages/academy!